Much of the United States has been experiencing severe weather over the past couple of weeks which means that roofers in that part of the country are incredibly busy. Whenever a severe storm hits an area there’s typically a great deal of roof damage that occurs. Since insurance companies generally cover roofs, such weather is a great opportunity for people to get their roof replaced. While no residential roofers would be happy that someone’s home has been damaged, severe weather does offer them a great opportunity to earn some business.
Of course, even in states like Colorado where severe weather doesn’t come until the spring, roof damage can still occur in January and February. There’s always that the chance that a bad enough storm hits that there’s so much snow on roofs that they start caving in. Also, when snow on a roof melts and then refreezes over night, the expansion of ice can cause cracks and damage to shingles. That’s why companies like Campbell Beard Roofing in Denver are able to stay busy even in the winter.
If you’ve recently discovered that you’ve had damage to your roof or if you just want someone to come by and check to see if there’s been any damage, there are a few things you should be looking for. The following is a list of five things that residential roof repair companies should bring to the table. Stick to this list and you’ll be sure to find a great company in your area.
1. Affordable Rates. The first thing to look for in residential roofers is affordable rates. There are so many great roofing companies out there that there’s simply no reason at all to over pay for roofing services. Take your time, gather a few estimates and compare them, and make sure you’re paying the least amount of money possible.
2. Varied Expertise. There’s nothing more frustrating than hiring a roofing company only to realize that they’re not fully capable of working on your specific type of roof. When you’re choosing a residential roofing company make sure you find one that can repair your roof, maintain your roof, and outright replace your roof, no matter what kind of shingles or design it is.
3. Experience. As with anything, it’s critical to find a roofing company with an incredible amount of experience. The more roofs they’ve worked on in the past the more competent they’re going to be, and the more competent they are the better the job they’re going to do.
4. Solid Reviews. There are plenty of bad roofing companies out there. The best way to find out if the company you’re about to hire is one of them or not is to read through numerous reviews online. When people have had a bad experience they tend to write about it online.
5. Superb Customer Service. Finally, choose a company with outstanding customer service. Companies that answer the phone, respond to emails, and return calls are the kinds of companies you want to be working with. It just makes things easier.